A correspondence blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Finding Treasure!

Well All,
 
 I miss our crew terribly, but to distract me, I started my first entertaining week as the Assistant Director of the Valparaiso University Center for the Arts this week. I have already found skills that I didn't know I had. Who knew that being Lutheran and from the community would give me such an edge at work? As it turns out, I already know half of the choir directors in town, about 10% of the University staff, 2% of the students and how to handle comfortably the unusual culture of the University that result from its Lutheran roots. For instance, I will be traveling with our liturgical choir when they tour parts of the midwest this March. And part of my job is booking them and our other performing groups in Lutheran Churches across the midwest. I can honestly do this in total comfort. Who would have guessed this would be helpful skill? I'm shocked.

But most importantly, I moved into my new office. As I've been slowly cleaning out old records and materials, I stumbled across some jems... 

Pictures of one of our VU Alumni!

 


































I have more pictures that I'm considering using for the front cover of next year's Theater Brochure. One involves a nap on a tour bus and the other involves a rather ostentatious looking white turtle neck (the anti-Hunt?). 

Just kidding Steve! 

Best wishes to all.

No comments: